Are you considering Bracken Christian School?
The admission process at Bracken Christian School is designed to ensure a successful experience for the students, parents, and teachers. A combination of testing, and teacher recommendations, transcripts, and personal interviews are used to evaluate each candidate for admission. Admission files must be complete before any candidate can be evaluated and interviewed by the respective principal. We begin accepting applications for the following year on February 1st.
click to hear from Scott Heare, local pastor, faculty & Bracken Christian School parent.
To seek admission to BCS, please adhere to the following guidelines:
- Fill out an application in its entirety, leaving no questions blank. (See bottom of this page)
- Give the Pastoral Reference Form to a pastor, elder, or other recognized leader in the local church you attend. The completed form should be faxed or mailed directly to the Registrar by the reviewer, NOT delivered by the applicant.
- Elementary school applicants: Give one Teacher Recommendation Form to a current teacher for each applicant.
- Secondary school applicants: Teacher Recommendation Forms must be given to three current academic teachers and/or administrator. The completed form(s) should be faxed or mailed directly to the Registrar by the reviewer, NOT delivered by the applicant.
- Submit the following required information to the Registrar:
- Completed application with student photograph, including the signed Application Checklist, written personal testimony of Christian parents, written personal testimony of student if entering 6th-12th grades, along with the signed Agreement of Cooperation, Grievance Covenant, Doctrinal Statement of Faith, Student Code of Conduct (MS & HS only), Tuition Agreement and Authorization of Release of Records.
- Current immunization records (or Conscientious Objection Form, notarized), and three BCS medical forms.
- Certified copy of your child’s official birth certificate and a copy of their Social Security card.
- Current year academic records (most recent report card, plus two full years of academic records and standardized test scores, and official transcript for all high school applicants.
- $100.00 non-refundable,/non-transferable application fee.
- Students who have been expelled, under suspension at another school, or who have discipline issues at another school are not automatically eligible to enroll at BCS. It is Bracken’s desire that such a student return to their school as soon as possible, placing themselves under the school’s authority, only after submission, reconciliation, and a heart change has taken place may a student apply to BCS.
- Bracken Christian School is a covenant school, meaning that a family wanting to enroll a student in our school must give evidence of their Christian beliefs and lifestyle. The school reserves the right and sole discretion to refuse admission of an applicant, or discontinue enrollment of a student if the activities, conduct or lifestyle of the student or family are counter to, or are in opposition to God’s word, the philosophy, mission, or purpose that BCS endorses.
- A prospective student who does not want to attend BCS or who has a resistant spirit regarding attending BCS will not be accepted.
- Enrollment of new 12th grade students at the beginning of the year is normally limited to students relocating to the area and who are transferring from a Christian school with good references and grades. The only exception would be a Christian family relocating from an area where no Christian school is available.
- BCS adheres to the Texas Education Agency guidelines (TEA 29.151 and 29.153) for entrance age into Pre-Kinder and Kindergarten. A student must be at least four (4) years of age on September 1st of the school year for Pre-Kinder (K4) and five (5) years of age on September 1st of the school year for Kindergarten (K5) .
- Upon review of the application, those who qualify for admission will be contacted for a personal interview with the principal. Both parents and the prospective student(s) are required to attend. Placement testing is required of all applicants, and will be done at this time (if it has not already been done on a student’s shadowing or visitation day).
- Upon acceptance of your student to BCS, the enrollment fee and enrollment documents must be returned to the office promptly to secure a place for the applicant.